The next Baltimore Symphony Orchestra season at their Meyerhoff and Strathmore Symphony Halls has just been announced, with James Conlon conducting in three productions and one Off The Cuff concert series performance: Bernstein’s Kaddish, Joel Thompson’s To Awaken the Sleeper, Verdi’s Requiem, and Off The Cuff: Bernstein’s “Kaddish.”
- October 6, 2022; October 9, 2022: Bernstein’s Kaddish
- Cast includes Erica Petrocelli, soprano, the University of Maryland Concert Choir, and the Maryland State Boychoir.
- October 7-8, 2022: Off The Cuff: Bernstein’s “Kaddish”
- Program includes Brahms’ Tragic Overture, Schreker’s Prelude to a Drama, Bernstein’s Symphony No. 3, Kaddish. Cast includes Erica Petrocelli, soprano, the University of Maryland Concert Choir, and the Maryland State Boychoir.
- January 19-21, 2023: Verdi’s Requiem
- Cast includes Michelle Bradley, Yulia Matochkina, Russell Thomas, Morris Robinson, and The Washington Chorus.
- June 16-18, 2023: To Awaken the Sleeper
- Program includes Hailstork’s Epitaph for a Man Who Dreamed, Alvin Singleton’s 56 Blows, Joel Thompson’s To Awaken the Sleeper (BSO Co-Commission), and Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 10.
Mr. Conlon will be speaking at the post-performance talk and Q&A after his Off The Cuff performances.
To view the complete season and additional details, visit bsomusic.org.